Sedation Dentistry in Worcester
Dental Clinic Minimizes Patient Discomfort with Sedation
A visit to the dental clinic can provoke fear and anxiety in many people. When patients need extra help relaxing at the dental office, they come to Arena Family Dental for help. We offer sedation dentistry in Worcester, MA.
Is Sedation Dentistry for You?
Many men and women put off going to the dental clinic. They have concerns that prevent them from scheduling an appointment. This can lead to chronic dental health problems. Common causes of fear and anxiety include:
- the needles and other instruments used in dental care
- the sounds, sights, smells, and tastes of the dental office
- the appearance or condition of their teeth after previously neglecting their oral health
- the pain and discomfort incorrectly associated with dental procedures
Why do patients have these fears? Many reasons. Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- dental phobia
- previous traumatic dental experience
- unusually high fear of dentists
- sensitive teeth
- complex dental needs
- easily-triggered gag reflex
Patients at Arena Family Dental don’t have to worry about feeling comfortable and safe during their visit to our office. We offer sedation dentistry in Worcester, MA.
How Does Laughing Gas at The Dental Office Work?
Known by patients as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is gentle sedation delivered through inhalation. Our expert dental team determines the appropriate dosage for each patient and monitors patients receiving nitrous oxide throughout their procedures. Receiving laughing gas at dental clinic in Worcester, MA dulls the senses while it is being inhaled, causing the patient to feel relaxed and less sensitive to discomfort. During sedation dentistry, you will remain completely conscious and aware of your surroundings, yet